Corgi Showcase Collection CS90558
Sopwith Camel Diecast Model
RFC No.28 Sqn, William George Barker, France, 1917
Of the 5,734 Sopwith Camels delivered (5,914 ordered), none is more famous than that flown by the Canadian ace, William George Barker – B6313. B6313 was completed by the Sopwith Aviation Co. Ltd of Kingston-on-Thames and delivered to the Aeroplane Acceptance Park at Kenley on September 11, 1917. On 24 September, B6313 went to No.28 Sqn RFC based at Yatesbury. In October, William George Barker joined the Squadron as ‘C Flight Commander and flew with No.28 Sqn in France. He later shot down an Albatros D.V which he didn’t claim as he wasn’t supposed to cross the lines, but went on to down several more Albatros fighters.
The Corgi "Showcase Collection" presents affordable, ready-made diecast models of military and civilian aircraft.
Corgi "Showcase Collection" diecast airplanes feature:
- Diecast metal construction with some plastic components.
- Realistic panel lines and surface details.
- Pad printed markings that won't fade or peel like decals.
- Poseable stand to display the aircraft "in flight".
- Moving parts such as propellers, rotors and swing-wings where applicable.
- Descriptive, collectible data card.