HA1984 McDonnell Douglas RF-4E Phantom II AG 52, NATO Tiger Meet, Kleine Brogel, 1985
You will earn 65 loyalty points with this purchase
The F-4D was an improved “C” variant with most improvements being internal electronics and avionics. The F-4D entered operational service in April 1966 and joined the combat forces in Southeast Asia in May 1967. With the arrival of the “D” most of the “C” variant was reassigned to ground attack with the “D”s taking on the air-to-air interceptor role. In 1968 – 1969 a total of 825 “D” models were produced 793 for the USAF and 32 for the Iranian Air Force.
The first of 88 German RF-4E’s that would equip AG-51 Aufklarungeschwader 51 "Immelmann" stationed at Bremgarten and AG-52 Aufklarungeschwader (Reconnaissance Wing) at Leck went into service on January 20, 1971. AG-52 was activated in December 1959 with the head of a black panther as their emblem. AG-52 became a member of the NATO Tiger Association in 1963 hosting the Meet in 1967, 1975 and 1984. RF-4E 35+76 represented AG-52 at the 1985 NATO Tiger Meet held in Kleine Brogel, Belgium. AG-52 was inactivated on December 15, 1993.